I can't believe I haven't posted in here since August last year. So much has happened since then. For one, I got one job and, well, a half one too?
Full time job is good, though sometimes I still try to figure out my boss and those around me. They're business people. I get it. They earn tons of more money than I do. I get that too. They have more experience in THEIR field. Cool and more power to them. They pretend they know more of something I've studied great part of my adult life without even read/studied/analyzed 1/3 of the stuff I've read/studied/analyzed. That, it's quite difficult to me.
I'm helping them with a research institution. I'm egocentric when it comes to certain things. But really, it drives me mad when they point out at an article and commend it WITHOUT having read it. There are a couple they sent that were a complete, ridiculous hot mess. I basically had to relent and post one because they oh so wanted. I was actually ashamed to do so. I've tried to explain things to my bosses in an indirect, subtle way. I tried to sound civilized, but if this trend continues, I might as well pack my things in one more year or so. My research sensibilities can handle just that much.
On half-job, I'm helping in finishing something for this other organization I compromised myself to BEFORE getting full time job. I'm so stressed out that I can't sleep thinking about it. Just like now.
So that's work-life. Personal life, a very close friend of mine finally came out! Lord, I was so worried about that little head of his. He may not admit it, but I think he lifted some weight off his shoulders. I'm happy for him but I hope he finds the courage to tell his parents--especially his father.
Relationship life, non-existent. I become infatuated too easily and I'm actually sick of hoping for things I know I won't get. On a random note, French jerk contacted me again after more than one year hidden inside his dark hole. I didn't even graced him with an answer. What an idiot.
Now, my poor mother is secretly hoping for grand-kids but siblings and I already told her that will have to wait. Biological clocks and whatever speech about the beauty of young love aside, it's not our priorities. If it comes, it does. If it doesn't, we'll just have to wait. And if still doesn't come, then oh well, there's always cats or other pets, and many modern ways to have kids if we want one or two. Yes, having a family on your own is great. Yes, it's nice to share your life with someone you love and build a new path with this person. But honestly speaking, just as easily as love may happen, it may also leave. Call me a cynic but I haven't found that blinding, soul shattering love yet. When I find it, it may be a different story. For now, just let me be.
Besides that, nothing else to complain/talk/write about. Well, maybe one more thing. I miss the places I've been to/lived in. I miss some of the US, the UK, and even China. Maybe I need a trip...
No comments:
Post a Comment