Saturday, July 28, 2012

Patience

Years ago, I was known for my patience. However, as times passes by, I feel I'm very quickly losing it. I don't know if it's because I'm getting older or if people are becoming more annoying or more idiotic.

I like things done quickly and effectively. If there's a problem, I try to come up with a solution and solve it. I appreciate people asking me questions to know if certain things should be done in this or that way. But it drives me insanely mad if someone comes and asks me something they know the answer to. It drives me even madder when I reply with a "what do you think?" and then they say, well, you don't want that. I just look at them with a "so why do you ask?!" face and try not to throttle them. Those desires would even be assuaged if they told me they were asking because they just wanted to make sure. No, they ask again and expect me to answer to whatever they have already confirmed.

More often than not, I seem to find myself in this kind of situation. I told my mother that my patience is becoming thinner and thinner, and I really don't know if it's me or these people who are slowly driving me insane.

Take for example someone who works for my mother. I expect a work well done. There are steps to follow, instructions posted on every single wall. Even if it was not my job, I wanted to help. I took my time to design a simple layout, to find strategic places so I could place those rules--so to speak--somewhere visible. But people don't follow and just come back asking questions they know the answer to.

I have no pity when I get so pissed off and start lashing out. I've been told I can be cruel with my words, but when it's between that or me literally slapping someone on the face.

No comments: