Today I had my first yoga class. The school decided to offer classes for 20 bucks (mat included, 10 without it) and since I have been ready to throw my computer and/or books out of the window for a while now, I decided to take advantage of the opportunity.
And oh my, it hurts (at least to a certain degree. After all, it's not about being in pain). Anyhow, as we tried to do this or that position, I could hear joints popping and cracking (mine and neighbors'). It was funny in a way. But regardless of the oh-wow-stretches I have to say, it was relaxing! And ladies and gentlemen, that's what I need.
My classes are once a week for four weeks but I'll try to spend an hour doing some practice whenever possible. Also, it's not only about relaxation but also, concentration! One really needs to concentrate and focus in order to do certain poses. I'm sure that as children or even in physical education class people may have tried to stand on one foot. Try that with hands in front of your chest, as if you were praying, and the elevated foot against the thigh of the standing one. Hold that for about a minute or so. It's hard! Yet, it is worth it. I'm so glad I decided to take the class even if I have an actual class before that and have to run and change.
On an unrelated note, I'm going home for Christmas. This will be the first one after three years - if my memory doesn't fail me. My brother was really sweet about it. I was still hesitating until he told me that I should go home for the holidays to spend it in family. We haven't done that for a long time. Actually, my last Christmas at home was actually my family's last Christmas with my dad. And even then, it was gloomy. Because business was high at that time of the year, mom had to fly to Iquitos to manage everything while dad was at home in Lima receiving chemotherapy. I think during that year my aunts and uncles decided to invite us to a Christmas dinner but dad decided not to go because he wanted to wait for my mom's phone call at home. After dad passed away, I haven't been back for the holidays and at least one of my siblings was also studying or working abroad. So I suppose that going back and try to celebrate in family will be good. Besides, it's summer over there! ^^
I should go to bed now. I have been going to bed around 4 a.m. during the last two days, and my body is currently giving up...
No comments:
Post a Comment