Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Mumblings of an amused mind

There were a series of events during the last two days that have triggered what I call 'my family has become insane' kind of behavior from my sister and my mom. It is actually very funny. I was and still am amused to say the least. I wasn't even expecting a phone call from mom but it came nonetheless and it amused me even further. The issues at stake are very personal and, well, for my family and me to know. Maybe someday I'll write them down. Maybe. :P

Anyhow, and just out of curiosity, I was checking the ATP rankings and discovered that my cousin by well, marriage/association, I suppose, since his cousin is my cousin's husband? is currently number 200 something worldwide. Not bad considering that there are over 1500+ names in that list. :) I know for a fact that he has worked hard for his career (after all, his dad is very strict when training - once he wanted me in the court at 6:30 a.m. when I was taking classes with him and it was Saturday!), and I know he can do better. Unfortunately, in our country, tennis is still a not very supported sport by the government or any institution that handles participation in worldwide competitions and such. Anyhow, I miss playing tennis with his dad and my actual cousin, and I miss riding one of my best friend's horse - Midas (sweetest horse ever!).

I suppose I'm just nostalgic. One of my best friends called me yesterday and another talked to me through MSN. Then my former roommate from freshman year called me this morning and my roommate from senior year talked to me tonight as well. And then my brother randomly wrote to me two nights ago saying that he loves me (now all together: awwww). So, I have been receiving a lot of messages from friends and family for the last couple of days. That makes me happy. But it also makes me miss them so much.

Sometimes they're so protective that it makes me feel as if I'm not twenty something but instead, ten years old. Admittedly, sometimes my younger siblings treat me as if I'm the youngest. A lot of it has to do with the fact that I'm short in comparison to them (and that my cheeks are very "pinchable" - their words, not mine). Nevertheless, however they treat me, they represent love. They are my love. Not the romantic one, not the one that can be forgotten as the heart becomes bored of a partner, but the love that remains in time and engraved in our hearts.

They're my treasure and I wouldn't give them up for anything in this world.

PS: I just realized that this post has become soooo emo. :P

No comments: