Thursday, May 15, 2008

YAY!

I'm SO HAPPY for my best friend!

She's a film major and she sent her first short-film to the Con-Can Film Festival in Japan. SHE WAS SELECTED! Among over 500 films, she was in the 80 officially selected! :D :D :D

I stayed at her house (still am) last night and this morning we got the call from Japan. It was hilarious because the person who contacted her asked in garbled Spanish if she could speak English. Since she was half-sleep, she was like, darn it, wrong call at eight in the morning. And then her mom picked up and basically yelled that it was from Japan, from the festival!!!

She jumped out of bed and answered. :P The rest is history...

I'm so excited. I'm so proud. I'm so like... YAY!

It just shows that passion and persistence at doing something you love will get you far. Very very far.

Congrats, Bu! ^^

No comments: