Saturday, July 18, 2009

だからずっとあきらめないで*

I just came back from a B-day/Good-bye party. It's amazing how so many of my friends, new and old, are leaving town and moving on with their lives. I suppose tha I have indeed been living in a bubble. 

Going along those lines, I hadn't realized how many people are trying to help me in this difficult transition to the "real world." Difficult because it's hard to find jobs, and even more so if one is here as an immigrant. I feel as if I'm not doing enough--maybe I'm not. As my sister told me a couple of days ago, I should keep pushing for even more. I just need the motivation... But sister is right: "だからずっと、ずっとあきらめないで"--as one of my favorite songs says.  

I aspire for more and I'll keep pushing. For my family, my friends who thus far have been the best in supporting me. But also, for myself.

I'll just remember what my siblings used to chant when we were children: Vickie 姐姐加油!^^

*From Story, by A.I.

No comments: