Thursday, March 27, 2008

There will never be something interesting about me

I have noticed that I am unable to write anything interesting or tremendously insightful in my blogs/journals. Most of the time, I simply whine and complain about the world, life, and their injustices which more often than not, are toward me (so basically, that makes me a very selfish person, I suppose).

I honestly don't care about what I write in these websites and whatnot - after all, they are a way to let things out and voice them to the world (or so to speak) without having to feel that one is facing a firing squad. Nevertheless, it makes me wonder. You see, I know a lot of people who use their blogs as a way to publish their work, to write funny and amusing things that somehow can impact society to a certain degree. And many of them are men. Women, at least those that I know, use their blogs like I do: to write about their pains, despairs, happiness, love, and so forth.

So, could this be classified as a stereotype? One in which women are seen as these sentimental beings who, well, are more inclined to use modern devices such as electronic journals for things that are relatively menial ? Of course, I do not attempt to generalize because I have friends and acquaintances who also use these mediums to publish stories, novels, to inform (as in journalism), and help (as in an electronic psycho-therapist). But going back to my initial question, why is that I cannot see men writing about "touchy" or "cheesy" things in their blogs? Or not necessarily "touchy" or "cheesy," but about issues that are certainly more personal and include feelings - something that according to me is hard for a man to blatantly and bluntly show (as far as I am concerned. Every men - family included - I have encountered would rather jump off a cliff before he willingly tells me about the emotional conundrum he may be living/experiencing).

I suppose I will never find out but my curiosity is eager to at least have a peek.

No comments: