Thursday, June 23, 2011

In which there are good news, nervousness, and then some more nervousness

The last couple of days have been a whirlwind of surprises, nervousness, and busy hours.

I got an important phone call last week. I was almost shocked. It made me happy--for a minute. Then I realized that with that happiness came something else: nervousness laced with a tinge of fear.

After that, I've spent my days and nights worrying and training my brain so it can do something extraordinary tomorrow: get me a job. Not any job, but the job.

Every now and then, I seem to get these amazing opportunities. Thus far, I've failed in successfully grabbing them. More often than not, I blamed my abilities--and to an extent, maybe my skills were not what some people were looking for, or simply, they just weren't enough. But then, I found someone saying that maybe it wasn't my skills. Instead, it could have been the way I was approaching these opportunities--that is, what I'm doing or I'm not doing to achieve what I want.

So tomorrow, I'm going to my written evaluation with the knowledge that either I have it or I don't have it. That while I can use the excuse that I haven't been trained for certain things, I should at least be able to use my common sense and logical mind and solve what I'm supposed to solve.

I hope I can pass this first hurdle. After that, I'll have two or three more to come.

*crossing fingers*

No comments: