US inauguration was yesterday. Obama's speech was inspiring. What I liked the most was his emphasis on unity. Paraphrasing one of my fave authors/philosophers (Borges): We need to focus on our similarities, not our differences. That's how we will thrive in life and as human beings.
That said, I was supposed to GO to DC to listen to Obama's message life. But just my luck, I had to get terribly sick the night before I had to travel. I have been in bed for three or so days and today I had to soldier up and go to class. That was enough to make me feel nauseous all afternoon. I have been surviving by eating crackers and drinking gatorade. I couldn't keep anything down. I still can't.
I tried plain noodles today. Two spoonfuls, that's pretty much it. I felt like I wanted to throw up again. I felt very full and wanting to sleep - which I did. For about ten minutes. -_-
Hopefully, whatever I have will go away. I couldn't even speak today in the class I'm sitting in. It was somehow hilarious and pathetic that whenever I wanted to say something I had a pad next to me to write down words. A professor joked that I should learn sign language. Funnily enough, I did learn some of it with my sister by ourselves when we were teenagers. We thought it was interesting. Of course, I have forgotten most of it. I can only spell some things and indicate 'thank you'.
Thinking about it, everyone should. I can't imagine how hard it is for mute people to communicate with people who don't know sign language. I should add it to my increasing list of languages I want to learn in my lifetime.
So, yeah, politics, Obama, illness... this is my mind when I'm still sick. O.o
No comments:
Post a Comment